Establishing a long-term relationship with your customers it’s a must in today’s world. Once the transaction is being made it’s your turn to build the relation. One of the most common (and one of the most successful!) ways to do so is awarding your customer base with a discount for future shopping. It can help your business with a cross-selling as well - offering a special offer for products related to what’s been bought already.
Learn how to generate unique discounts for a customer who just made a purchase of a specific item from your shop with us!
How does it work?
- Personal Discount generates a discount code after every purchase of a specific product.
- MailChimp sends a follow-up message with a discount code - only to customers who had purchased a specific (chosen) product from a store
How to do it?
Configuring Personal Discount
For starters, you will need to configure Personal Discount to generate coupons for New Order.
- Start from visiting your Dashboard and clicking on the Add automation button;
- Connect to your Mailchimp account;
- Select New Order as a trigger to generate discounts;
- Now, you can set up the discount settings according to your needs.
First of all, to enable e-commerce campaigns on MailChimp, you will need to install ShopSync app.
The next step is creating a Mailchimp campaign - to do so, you will need to visit your Mailchimp dashboard and create automated “Follow up on purchases” campaign, by clicking on the right button.
Then, you can choose if the email should be sent after purchase of any product, specific product or the whole product category.
To choose one particular product, you need to edit the Trigger and choose the desired item.
To display a coupon code in your email, choose earlier configured merge tag, it will be *|CATCODE|* in our case.